How I Came To Know About This Issue:
Some days before when I purchased a domain name for my blog PK Helper, I simply applied the domain name through settings and after a couple of hours my domain name was all set up according to me because when I clicked on view blog, I could easily access my blog at www.pkhelper.com. Everything was looking fine until one of my close friend told me that your blog is not accessible without www. I was shocked that how can this happen because my domain was working with www but it was not working without www and i was not aware of this.This is an essential step to check after applying domain.
Actually this is not an issue with Domain Registrar Website from where you bought your website's domain name. It is your blog or website settings that are responsible for this problem that your site not opening without www.
How to Fix Blog not working without 'www' Issue on Blogger?Fix is very much simple. I thought that I will have to go through all of the CDN stuff but when I fixed it, it was really very much simple.
- Go To Your Blog.
- Open Settings
- In Basic Settings, Click edit in front of your Domain Name Under Publishing, Blog Adress.
- Just Below your new Domain Name, there would be a check box with something written like Redirect yourdomain.com to www.yourdomain.com. (in my case, it is Redirect pkhelper.com to www.pkhelper.com)
- Just Check Mark (Tick) that Box and You are done.
This is the same procedure as with blogger.Just there are different navigations on wordpress.
Fix Website not opeing without 'www' on wordpress:
- Go to your website settings page.
- Navigate to Domain Name Settings or Custom Redeirects Page where you have already set your domain name for your blog or wordpress.
- Do the same as we done in blogger.Just check mark the box which says Redirect yourdomain.com to www.yourdomain.com.
- Just check your website.Its working now with www and without www prefix.